We have an exciting opportunity for an amazing publicist with experience in food and beverage, arts and culture, and community media relations.
Do you consider yourself a self-starter PR powerhouse? Do you get an adrenaline rush from securing massive amounts of coverage? Do you take pride in working with amazing clients making an impact in community and the world?
Do you have at least three years of agency experience?
Have you managed accounts on your own?
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn and grow?
If this sounds like you, this could be your next move.
Here are all the details:
This person is experienced and organized with a massive spark of creativity. At Olive, we have the most amazing clients and they look to us to stay on the cutting edge to find the fastest and most strategic way to the result of the result.
The ideal candidate holds a bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, Marketing or Journalism and has at least three years of post-college, full-time professional PR experience (agency required).
Responsibilities and daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze data, market research, and trends to develop strategic media relations campaigns that get results.
- Monitor industry news to seek creative opportunities for each account.
- Maintain and manage updating status reports, clipping coverage, organizing, researching, etc.
- Create and develop press kits, PR timelines, bios, fact sheets, media alerts, press releases, etc.
- Develop, write and pitch story ideas, press releases, partnership announcements and breaking news to key media contacts while securing high volume and quality coverage.
- Communicate effectively with clients on a daily basis and manage/facilitate all weekly calls and meetings with clients.
- Advise and manage support team on daily responsibilities such as clipping, writing, administrative tasks, reporting and media list creation.
- Strong knowledge of editorial calendars, lead times, current trends and news to schedule pitches and outreach appropriately.
- Familiarity with pitching op-eds for thought leadership profiles.
- Identify and assist in idea generation for client partnerships, CSR and events.
- Pitch, secure and attend desksides, tradeshows and events (when needed and always safety first – we are very mindful of CDC guidelines).
- Facilitate all media opportunities and join phone and/or in-person interviews.
We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, PTO, Simple IRA and we support a work-life balance!
We are a hybrid working team with a really cool lifestyle space in Little Italy that you can use when you please. The ideal candidate resides on the west coast in the Bay Area or San Diego, California.
If you have agency experience, are a savvy writer and have multitasking mastered, this is the role for you! Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.