- Location: San Diego
- Department: Public Relations
- Type: Full-time
- Experience: 3 years of experience required
Olive is currently looking for a Consumer Lifestyle Account Executive to join our team. The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree in PR, communications, marketing or journalism and has at least three years, post-college, full-time professional PR experience (agency preferred) in consumer lifestyle (beauty, health, apparel) and business.
Responsibilities and daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze data, market research, and trends to develop strategic media relations campaigns that get results
- Develop, write and pitch story ideas, press releases, partnership announcements and breaking news to key media contacts while securing high volume and quality coverage
- Create and develop press kits, PR timelines, bios, fact sheets, media alerts, press releases, etc.
- Communicate effectively with clients on a daily basis and manage/facilitate all weekly calls and meetings with clients
- Advise and manage support team on daily responsibilities such as clipping, writing, administrative tasks, reporting and media list creation
- Able to format, develop, write and successfully pitch press materials including bios, backgrounders, fact sheets, media advisories and press releases
- Strong knowledge of editorial calendars, lead times, current trends and news to schedule pitches and outreach appropriately
- Successful track record pitching op-eds for thought leadership profiles
- Identify and assist in idea generation for client partnerships, CSR and events
- Pitch, secure and attend desksides, tradeshows and events (when needed)
- Facilitate all media opportunities and join phone and/or in-person interviews
If you have agency experience, are a savvy writer and have multitasking mastered, please send your resume and cover letter to Jennifer@olivecreativestrategies.com. Be sure to tell us why you are the next Olive.