An amazing opportunity is available at Olive Creative Strategies, Inc. for a passionate and experienced account executive with strong local media contacts and extraordinary creativity. Olive is a national boutique agency specializing in marketing, public relations, and social media campaigns that make an impact — a big one.
Olive Creative Strategies is looking for our next Account Executive to lead several of our San Diego based clients. The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, Marketing or Journalism and has at least three years of post-college, full-time professional PR experience (agency required) with existing local media relationships. The ideal candidate is a natural storyteller and opportunist who thrives in developing authentic relationships and creative ways to amplify our clients’ businesses.
Responsibilities and daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze data, market research, and trends to develop strategic media relations campaigns that get results
- Monitor industry news to seek creative opportunities for each account
- Develop, write and pitch story ideas, press releases, partnership announcements and breaking news to key media contacts while securing high volume and quality coverage
- Create and develop press kits, PR timelines, bios, fact sheets, media alerts, press releases, etc.
- Communicate effectively with clients on a daily basis and manage/facilitate all weekly calls and meetings with clients
- Advise and manage support team on daily responsibilities such as clipping, writing, administrative tasks, reporting and media list creation
- Format, develop, write and successfully pitch press materials including bios, backgrounders, fact sheets, media advisories and press releases
- Strong knowledge of editorial calendars, lead times, current trends and news to schedule pitches and outreach appropriately
- Familiarity with pitching op-eds for thought leadership profiles
- Identify and assist in idea generation for client partnerships, CSR and events
- Facilitate all media opportunities and join phone and/or in-person interviews
- We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, PTO, Simple IRA and we support a work-life balance – we’re off every other Friday!
If you have agency experience, are a savvy writer and have multitasking mastered, this is the role for you! Please apply for immediate consideration. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org